The Plough (Hala Asana)
for Asthma, Back ache, Depression, Sciatica, Headache, Sexual
debility Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bronchitis, Sinus,
Congestion, Premenstrual tension etc.
Description of the asana
- Lie down on your back with your legs together and your palms
on your sides.
- Inhale & raise your legs up.
- Exhale first and then inhale.
- Bring your hips up off the floor.
- Support your back with your hand, keeping your elbows as
close to one another as possible.
- Without bending your knees, exhale and bring your legs down
behind your head.
- If you cannot yet touch the floor with your feet, keep on
breathing in this position.
- If your feet comfortably reach the floor, walk them as far
behind your head possible.
- With your feet curled under, push your torso up and your
- Now clasp your hands together.
- Breathe slowly and deeply.
If you have breathing difficulties, hernia or are having nasal
congestion, do not attempt this exercise.